Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rwanda Partners: You Made My Day!

Well now that I’ve gotten my virtual head bit off for my last post, I’m going to take it down a notch and write a VERY overdue post. BTW – the last one was a joke, apparently not a funny one – except to the Brits, I bet you liked that one. This post is WAY overdue, so here goes.

About a month or so ago, a simple click of the mouse won me a taste of Rwanda! What’s that you say? YES, all I did was RT (that’s retweet for you non-social media people, and that’s twitter for you people who live in a bubble) @RwandaPartners and I became their Tuesday winner!

About a week later a fantastic package came to my apartment, and what was inside you ask? Well…


Rwandan baskets! I am so excited - they are sitting on my dresser as you read this and as I type this. Anyway, Rwanda Partners is a great organization that wants to advance Rwandans by ethnic reconciliation, education and job creation. In the holiday spirit early? Donate here!

So that’s it – I also found that Bourbon Coffee is now in DC. So I can surround myself in Rwanda-ness for a while now. And I will obviously have a post coming up on that soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment