Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tackling the Amazon…with my Parents

Yepp, you read that right. The third, and final, part of Nora + Rents take on South America brought us to the infamous Amazon River. Now, as you can imagine, we were all tired at this point, but on we went because hey we’re Americans and vacation days are precious. So, we boarded our boat for our 3 day trip down the Amazon River.


Upon receiving our room assignments, I learned that my parents and I would be sharing one room. Not a big deal for an eight year old, but at 24, that is a bit much. What’s even more is that the room consisted of three single beds so close together it could be considered one big bed. Well. That. Is. Interesting. I thought.

As I laughed at the room arrangements, the captain happened to walk by and mention that the room across the hall was open if we wanted to have two rooms – and yes, yes we did. But I didn’t want to stay alone because 1. This was the beginning of a scary movie and 2. Yes, you know what I miss my mom. Ok, I said it. So into a “private suite” went my dad to brave the Amazon boat ride alone.

We relaxed on the boat, read a ton, somehow got addicted to orange pop a la 1995, and saw the sites of the Amazon! We went piranha fishing, where I discovered what a talented fisherwoman I was by catching the biggest fish in the boat! We also did a night tour of the river, which was REALLY scary. As I sweat in my rain jacket, I clung to my mom (once again) out of fear.



(I caught this)

After 3 days, we were ready to get off the boat. However, great food, a relaxing voyage and the thought of boarding another plane to come back to BsAs pulled me back on it. In the end, well worth the trip! For the animals, adventure and hilarious moments finding myself in the Amazon of Brazil with my parents, I thank you Amazon trip.


Want to get this look?

Neon blue breathable shirt: $30
Windbreaker (seen tired about the waist): little brother's
Life jacket: used, from boat captain
Travelers Pants: priceless
Model: beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same travel pants! I like to pair them with my botts though...

    ReplyDelete